Position Title: Software Engineer
Permanent Position – Range € 40,000 – €50,000 per annum based on experience
Location: Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Software Engineer required for a permanent position in Dublin city centre. The suitable candidate will work within our “Software Engineering” function that delivers services to our clients through software project implementations via web and mobile applications through desktop, tablet and mobile. This team also interacts with our other functions for design & delivery teams and platforms teams.
The suitable candidate will need to be a team player, self-motivated and keen to advance their knowledge and skills with new technological advances, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, excellent customer engagement skills, the ability to problem solve, the ability to work on more than 1 project at a time and see tasks through to their resolution.
Experience of software development, analysing systems, database development, software development life cycle and associated tools (e.g. Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse) would be essential. The successful candidate will continue receive on the job training and experience in this role as part of their day to day role. The role will entail the full software development lifecycle with a focus on software engineering and unit testing and the delivery of quality solutions to customers using the latest technology platforms and trends.
This opportunity should allow the successful candidate to expand their existing technical knowledge and expose them to various industry sectors and clients. It will provide a challenging work environment, within an organisation that respects and depends on its employees.
- Working with other team members to analyse system functions and review functional and technical specifications;
- Breaking down development of business functions into development tasks;
- Developing using best practice (e.g. OWASP, etc) and TEKENABLE standards using Visual Studio, JIRA & Bitbucket;
- Successfully completing unit testing and related unit test case development capturing associated objective evidence;
- Supporting testers to successfully complete System Test and release of quality software to customer User Acceptance Test (UAT);
- Planning with development team colleagues on Production release planning with related release note and deployment process confirmations;
- Liaise with team members and team leaders to successfully deliver projects;
- Ensure high standards of customer engagement and services are maintained;
- Expected to complete work-related training and learning with the goal of obtaining relevant Microsoft Certifications in Software Development;
And as a team member you will also have:
- Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to support and communicate with users on all levels;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- A strong desire and ability to learn new platforms and technologies;
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience of working in a .NET Software Engineering development role.
- CSS / Bootstrap
- Typescript / Angular
- Strong knowledge of OOP
- C# .NET
- Unit Testing
- SQL (T-SQL or Oracle syntax concepts)
- Source Control (e.g. GIT, TFS)
- JIRA / TFS / Task Management Tools / BitBucket
- Design Pattern
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- OR Diploma in computer science or related discipline
- DevOps Skills (Continuous Development / Continuous Integration)
- Azure / Cloud concepts Knowledge
- Mobile Development (i.e. Xamarin, UWP)
- Office 365 / SharePoint 365 / Dynamics 365 integrations development
- Business / Systems Analysis
- Appreciation of Software Security
- Any MS certifications